Sunday 1 April 2012

Lush Love: Mint Julips Edition ♥

Ahh Lush. Let me count the ways I love thee.. (..okay maybe not I may be here all night..)

From the moment I walked past their shop and caught a whiff of the beautiful cacophony of aromas of the sweet smelling wonders within, I knew it was love at first sniff - and here we are a year later, and I'm still smitten.

To be honest, I've always been a sucker for a good smell. Be it food or perfume, if it makes my mouth water just from the smell, you better believe I'm going to get my hands on it!


So when I saw this at the counter while I was paying for my soaps, this little gem caught my eye - and it also caught the shop assistant's eye that it had caught my eye.

'Ooh, thinking about getting the lip scrub? I love that one..'  she said, as she pointed at ''Mint Julips'. 

I opened up the tester and took a whiff. It smelt gorgeous - so gorgeous in fact that I wanted to gobble it up - but I resisted, and bought it instead.


When I got home and tried it, I was amazed - AMAZED - by the results. Never had my lips been so smooth and dead-skin free. I used the tiniest of amounts; more than half a pea sized amount would be too much.

Using my freshly clean and dry index finger, I rubbed it into my lips and licked it off. My lips were so smooth that my lip balm glided on like a dream. 

I'd recommend this to anyone and everyone - especially to those whose lips can get quite chapped and dry. The castor sugar is rough enough to rid the lips of flaky skin, but soft enough to not irritate your lips. Also, the jojoba oil will help to keep your lips moisturised but not too greasy! Perfect.

The lip scrubs retail for £4.95 for 25g, and (apart from 'Mint Julips') there are other flavours too - 'Bubblegum' and 'Sweet Lips' - so something for everyone!

What's your favourite Lush product? ☺

Disclaimer: All products were bought with my own money unless stated otherwise. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment